Canon Scoopic 16 Kodak 500T Pushed 1 Stop (Fashion Camera Test)

Ryan Fleet

Finished another camera test with my Canon Scoopic 16 (Original Model) this time I pushed 7219 +1 stop instead of +2 and shot during sunset instead of the dead of night.

I rated the film stock at 800 and metered normally.

Processed at the Kodak Lab in NYC - Tony was such a great help and his communication was instant anytime I reached out to him.

Scanned at Metropolis Post on their Director at 2K Flat Pass ProRes 444HQ - The team at Metpost was also great to deal with and had instant communication with me and never made me wait. Turn around time was faster than expected.

Color Graded with Davinci Resolve

Extremely happy with both Kodak and Metropolis post definitely will be sending more work to them.

Camera Serviced by Bernie at Super16Inc

• Upvote 2

Looks great, beautiful color and texture. The Scoopic is very stable for a non professional camera. I got my Scoopic MS serviced and converted to U16 by Bernie too, I haven't tested it because I want to shoot something elaborated.

Edited by Ruben Arce

• Premium Member

Glad Bernie could help with the Scoopic. He saved one for me that was completely dead...lots of film chips jamming the mechanism after years of student use.

Those cameras work really well for what you're doing. Makes you're piece stand out over any video camera...hope you can do more. They're perfect for music videos and live performances (except the 100' load issue).

Bernie did the U16 thing on one of my crystal Scoopics. Great job. Not as practical as S16 but a nice and relatively cheap alternative for Scoopics.

Yeah, Bernie was great! Thankfully, this one was in great shape when it got to him but he really makes them run perfect!

I agree these are great cameras for the music video/Doc/fashion/live performance type of work and gives a really distinctive look. I was extremely happy with what I got out of my Scoopic.

I've watched your Scoopic U16 footage and it looks great!

Thanks for watching and I'll definitely be shooting more 16mm!

• Premium Member

Just got some Scoopic footage back from processing for a music video shot last weekend. I was going to bring the S16 SR2 but then I was like..."let's go simple" and I'm glad I did in this case.

It's not the perfect camera for everything but it is great for any run-n-gun situations. Lens is surprisingly sharp.

Just got some Scoopic footage back from processing for a music video shot last weekend. I was going to bring the S16 SR2 but then I was like..."let's go simple" and I'm glad I did in this case.

It's not the perfect camera for everything but it is great for any run-n-gun situations. Lens is surprisingly sharp.

Will, please send footage when you can I'd love to see the U16 Scoopic footage. I was thinking of getting my Bolex Rex 4 converted to U16 from Bernie with the viewfinder laser brightened as well. Did you get your scoopic viewfinder brightened by Bernie?

this turned out great dude

Robin, thanks man I had a blast shooting and editing this!