How would you light this space?

• Premium Member

....I'm shooting this space and was wondering how you would light it.......

..these are my lights....this is it apart from reflectors etc
1 x Arri L7-C
1 x Arri 650plus

1 x Multiblitz V6

xx Candles on the table

I'm shooting on 16mm Kodak Vision3 250D or 500T

There are scaffolds outside the windows so the shutters cant be fully opened...the measurements I noted on the image are with the light meter set at 500asa - 180degree shutter - 25fps

The main reason I am there is to shoot the crystalware on the table as the client has supplied it all. The image you see is the banquet hall of The Convent, the official residence of the Governor of Gibraltar since the 1700's......an amazing place.......

any ideas would be great.......I want to light it moody and colourful...I have some ideas but wanted to know what you guys would do

I'm going to run the camera on a dolly track alongside the very long table that measures over 7 metres as one filming option.....

post-72573-0-34749000-1530010900_thumb.jpg

Treat it like Barry Lyndon and Beauty and the Beast had a baby!

If you're there to shoot still life product than maybe mixing in some ambient "banquet sounds" as you key into each piece would be interesting and tell a bit of the location's story.

• Premium Member

hahahah loving it!!!!!!!!! thats a great idea about the 'sounds'....this place is amazing:

The Convent has been the official residence of the Governor of Gibraltar since 1728. It was originally a convent of Franciscan friars, hence its name, and was built in 1531, and heavily rebuilt during the 18th and 19th centuries.

The dining room at the Convent has the most extensive display of heraldryin the Commonwealth of Nations.

After the capture of Gibraltar by an Anglo-Dutch fleet in the name of the Archduke Charles, the Franciscan friars did not follow the exodus of the Spanish population and remained in Gibraltar, at least for some years (their presence was recorded in 1712).[5] The Franciscan friary was later taken over as the residence of the British governors in 1728 and has remained so ever since.

The building was heavily rebuilt during the 18th and 19th centuries in the Georgian style with Victorian elements.

Edited by Stephen Perera

• Premium Member

...the problem is i have a 2 hour slot to set up and shoot that's it! the rest of the piece is very moody and colourful so i will definitely go more Barry Lyndon vibe......I even have to go buy the candles haha.....