Matching a "studio setup" ext/int?

Hello everyone,

I have this shoot coming up, shooting in different remote locations in Germany, Holland, Sweden och Scotland and I need some tips from all pros at this forum =)

The idea:

In the start of the video we are seeing a grey backdrop setup in an office or outside at for example an windfarm. The person sits down and we cut into a closeup of the person. The during the video we are gonna cut between around 60 peoples faces against the same backdrop, trying to make it feel like everything is shoot at the same location (but we have been shooting at 10-15 different locations around Europe) then in the end moving the camera back to reveal all the different places they people work at.

The idea is to show diversity in workplaces for our client around Europe.

We are a super small team on a little budget, 4 people with the director/producer included. We have to be very lightweight and portable.

So the big questions is what tips you guys can give me here? I'm super aware of the challanges (read that as impossbility) to match everything perfect without big setups, matching a sunny day (shooting in the shade) with an interior office landscape.

Just looking for any small tips to help us match is best as possible without all the big HMI lights and 12x12 neg/diffusion.

Thanks guys,

• Premium Member

Is the idea that you dolly back from each setup to reveal the subject sitting in front of the backdrop setup (stands/flats/fabrics etc.) in each of the different field/factory/forrest locations?

Edited by Mark Kenfield

Is the idea that you dolly back from each setup to reveal the subject sitting in front of the backdrop setup (stands/flats/fabrics etc.) in each of the different field/factory/forrest locations?

So yes that is the idea, but we will do this with digital zoom cause we don't have acess to dolly or any grips to help out. Sorry for my bad english if that wasn't clear from my explanation =)

So yes that is the idea, but we will do this with digital zoom cause we don't have acess to dolly or any grips to help out. Sorry for my bad english if that wasn't clear from my explanation =)

Get a nice zoom lens for film and a lightmeter and you'll be fine.