Water resistance fabric for courtesy?

ANTON CHIA

I found some collapsible 4x4 Chinese frames that comes with diffusion silks. I wanted to have my local seamstress sew some black fabrics and floppies with Duvetyne.

But now I was thinking a rain resistance fabric might be better for floppies? Ie courtesy and video village, especially in my local weather where short light rains are common.

Wondering will black ripstop tent fabric do the job?

I think Matthews has something known as "Wet Solids", is the material similar?

PS: I don't use hot lights, all LEDS.

Edited by ANTON CHIA

Often the problem with rain resistance fabric is that it's pretty noisy when it starts raining. Something to keep in mind.

Good point about the noise. I think it will be noisy from the rain anyway but its a different sounding noise that might be unnatural to the scene. Sound guy / post guy's problem lol!

I went with 1000D Cordura. I imagine a black/white ultrabounce floppy used as a courtesy will have the white as the top and outer side and black as the underneath and inner side. Great idea as the white will bounce off heat and the black will help reduce glare on the monitors. Next DIY project might be that!

No dude, the 4x4' utrabounce floppy doubles a 8'x4' black flag and an utrabounce as well. I wouldn't waste an ultrabounce floppy using it as a courtesy. $100USD or less buys you a 10x10 ez-up canopy with sides to serve as video village.

Edited by JD Hartman
  • Upvote 1

No dude, the 4x4' utrabounce floppy doubles a 8'x4' black flag and an utrabounce as well. I wouldn't waste an ultrabounce floppy using it as a courtesy. $100USD or less buys you a 10x10 ez-up canopy with sides to serve as video village.

Great advice again JD.