Eastman 8x10 View Camera - Manufactured by Folmer Graflex

Joe Taylor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292669611124?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Up for auction is an Eastman Model 2D 8x10 View Camera that is in fantastic physical and functional condition and with a modern or even vintage 8x10 sheet film holders this camera can go right to work today. Or if you are so inclined this camera would make an excellent candidate for a frame down restoration project. I bought this camera in 2004 and used it to photograph Colorado ghost towns with b&w negative and color chrome films and it has always operated perfectly.

From what little novice research I've done for this camera, I have dated it in the 1920's - mid 1930's. I believe the Model 2D was made up into the late 1940s.
The lens is a Bausch & Lomb-Zeiss TESSAR Series 1C with glass that is remarkable for its age with a nice crisp shutter for 1/4 sec shutters speeds and faster. For :01 - :03 sec speeds, the spring shutters are sticky and slow.
The bellows are completely intact with no lights-leaks of any kind and ground viewing glass is perfect. All the movements and nice and smooth and lock into place as they should.
If you have any further questions and would like more pictures feel free to message me here and I will get back to you.

post-9955-0-68269900-1533837595_thumb.jpg