Eclair NPR serial number

Ruben Arce

I know this is going to sound dumb, but I have an Eclair NPR camera and I cannot find the serial number on it. I removed the motor, I looked all over the place and I couldn't find it. This specific unit was modified by Les Bosher, so they may have removed the plate or something. They changed the tourret and maybe the serial number was there.

I want to send the camera to service and it would be nice to know what the serial number is so I can have more info about the camera.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Ruben,

There are two places you should find the serial number. The first spot is along the side of the horizontal handle at the top of of the camera, the other is behind the top lens turret with lens removed, at least that's the case with my one. 

I hope this was of some help. 

1138077584_IMG_20200920_1419362_compress67.thumb.jpg.5f3ca31f403e7e6001798e94261eb413.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Aren,

A technician told me about the serial number located inside the turret some time ago, but I'm glad you answered the question and included a picture so other people looking for this information can find it in the future.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:13 PM, Ruben Arce said:

Thanks Aren,

A technician told me about the serial number located inside the turret some time ago, but I'm glad you answered the question and included a picture so other people looking for this information can find it in the future.

No problem, I assumed you worked it out by now but thought it could help other people in the future. 

You mentioned it was modified by Les Boscher, did he do the Super16 and PL conversion? 

How's the camera been since your modifications?

3 hours ago, Aren Madsen said:

How's the camera been since your modifications?

It's been great. I haven't shoot with it as much as I would like, but I got the camera serviced after the original post. I got the magazines converted to S16 and everything works just fine.

• Upvote 1