Looking for SR3 | 416 Fiberscreen

Ian Forbes

I dont have any for sale, but Shruco in LA is re-doing a 4:3 sr3 screen for me into a custom 2.39:1 (arri made a 2.35, but not a 2.39). If you have a donor screen you can have them resurface it. catch is they can take a while. Cinematechnic or Alan Gordon (both in LA) may have donor screens for sale

• Premium Member

I think the company is called Shurco.

P&S Technik have an SR3 ground glass for sale, it's 1.33 and Standard 16 but could be a donor for remarking.

I would also try ringing around older rental houses that may still have a collection of ground glasses they may be willing to sell.

you're right, typo on my part, full name is Shurco tool company, Paul is the guy to talk to. Shurco can convert N16 fiber screens to super16 too.

I think the company is called Shurco.

P&S Technik have an SR3 ground glass for sale, it's 1.33 and Standard 16 but could be a donor for remarking.

I would also try ringing around older rental houses that may still have a collection of ground glasses they may be willing to sell.

• Premium Member

The frame housing for Standard and Super ground glasses for SR3/416 is the same, so no enlargement is necessary to go from one to the other, just a new fibre screen marking. Whether you call it conversion or re-marking is a question of semantics.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the clarification, Dom. I guess my point is that Super 16 is a format, not an aspect ratio.

My apologies to Robin, if I misunderstood him.

all good. there are 4:3 fiber screens made for the SR2 and SR3 that basically have a darkened on the side to prevent transmission of unwanted light if you're shooting 4:3 or N16. This darkened area is actually part of the fiber screen, so it can be removed when its re-marked, giving you the full super 16 surface area on the screen to work with. This is the sort of screen I sent to Shurco to have done for my custom 2.39:1 screen, and they confirmed when I sent photos of it that they can modify that type screen to full s16.

• 2 years later...