Fujifilm eterna 250D Exposure help.

Simon Averin Markström

Hi!

I'm shooting a musicvideo this sunday on 35mm Fujifilm eterna 250D Shortends (i got a bunch with the camera).

They have been fridgestored since they were used so im not really that affraid of the film degrading (or is there anything i should consider? i shot tests and they were ok).

I'm wondering; was there any known exposure "hacks" when this film was used?

Similar to how Porta 400, in stills, is suposed to be over exposed 2/3 of a stop to get a denser neg.

Thank you in advance, this forum is really amazing!

Hello! These films of Fuji Etherna have not been manufactured for more than 5 years, so these are old stocks. They are sensitive. Now it is about 80-100 ISO. Also, it's better to overexpose the film than underexposure. Since it is difficult to "overexposure", she has a good range in the highlights. Here I can attach a sensitogram of a similar film made this summer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! These films of Fuji Etherna have not been manufactured for more than 5 years, so these are old stocks. They are sensitive. Now it is about 80-100 ISO. Also, it's better to overexpose the film than underexposure. Since it is difficult to "overexposure", she has a good range in the highlights. Here I can attach a sensitogram of a similar film made this summer

I recently got the film back from the lab, since i wrote this post a bit late i did not have time to get your opinion before shooting! My mentor told me that he loves the look Fuji gives underexposed and told me to experiment. Since i trust him i decided to, not underexpose, but just expose it according to the ASA (250), because i had a feeling older filmstocks = less sensative so i figuered it would give a nice look. What i did think was that age and recans would affect it that much! i think some shots is atleast 2-3 stops underexposed, thank god its film so it still works!

It gives quiet a moody look to the film which suits the work well, i only have a problem with a close up which is a bit on the darker end (the eyes). In hindsight i would have over exposed maybe 1 stop and push it down in the DI. Oh well, it was fun, it works, and I have shot my first project on film! :)