First Short Film I Made

I started in the theatre as an actor. I gradually moved into film because the stories I wanted to tell basically weren't plays. Every time I tried to write a play, I'd end up writing a film.

I held off making movies until this year. If you love the theatre, it's tough to even look at other types of performing. Finally, I decided I'd pick up a camera and start shooting.

This film is made straight from the hip. The camera is a Panasonic SD camcorder, nothing special. I wanted to simply film interesting images and then see if I could assemble a story in the edit. It's an exercise in the unconscious. Once you've had a certain level of training, you can paralyze yourself creatively.

So I just let go and allowed this to basically fall out.

I'm pleased with it as a first attempt. Image quality is less than I would like, but the project really wasn't about that. It was about being vulnerable and authentic.

Thanks for watching!

• Upvote 2

It is good. I got ADD and it was not really boring. I got a little tired at about 3 1/2 min, but watched it all. Nice technicals and comp. You got talent!

Thanks! An entirely visual story does require a bit more focus from the viewer. I find I can drift in and out of a film with dialogue and not lose much. I appreciate your thoughts!