Lighting ideas for a restaurant promo skit

Akie Yano

Hello! I’m shooting a short skit for a restaurant promo video. I’m the cinematographer and someone will direct. It’s a low-budget project.
The skit is for Grandparent’s Day. A kid is being spoiled at the restaurant with food as his mother looks on. It’s mostly shown through closeups until it is revealed in the wide shot that the grandmother is the one spoiling her grandkid. It’s a simple setup with the family just sitting on a long table, no standing, no moving around.
The mood is light-hearted and comedic. We want a high-key look but our lighting gear is pretty limited. Here is a list:
1x1 Bi-color led light (with softbox and grid)
1x1 Bi-color led light (with softbox and grid)
Portable led light
85 watt daylight bulb with chinaball
201s, CTBs, CTOs, orange sodium vapor gel, ND gel
5-sided reflector
We’re shooting with a Sony a6500 with Rokinon/Samyang 14mm and 50mm lenses. And a Canon 70-200mm (for food shots). And we might be able to rent an Aputure 120D with a light dome.
Here are photos of the location. There is a small part of the restaurant where there are windows but there is also a possibility where we would shoot at the inner part of the restaurant where there are no windows.
Here are the complete photos of the location: https://www.evernote.com/l/ANwMH-Y3EplFWppkEhcC6xZdoZQ7EmxGZ4s
I would like to ask if you have any lighting ideas with the gear that we have. Thank you!

post-75405-0-57298900-1535724322_thumb.jpg

post-75405-0-90263500-1535724511_thumb.jpg

post-75405-0-54869200-1535724596_thumb.jpg

If you want high key, those areas look to be difficult. What's the windowed area look like for blocking? What kind of coverage are you looking for, in terms of where can you key from to avoid the light setup?

If you want high key, those areas look to be difficult. What's the windowed area look like for blocking? What kind of coverage are you looking for, in terms of where can you key from to avoid the light setup?

Thanks for the response! Yeah we actually shot a few times in the location before and it's really hard to give the place a high-key look. I think I might shoot in the area near the door and the windows so I can fake a sunlight light from one side. That area looks like this: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s220/sh/0c1fe637-1299-455a-9a64-121702eb165d/a1943b126c46678b/res/9fbb2e56-97c2-4816-9625-0b72ae1ff705/42994263532_cb88512ca8_b.jpg?resizeSmall&width=832

It looks dark there cos I think it was taken at night. The coverage I plan to shoot is a wide shot of them against the wall and closeups mostly of their faces and closeups of food.

so for high key, most of your tones should be above middle grey. looks like all of the background is dark wood.

Thank you for the advice. I went for putting the key light on top of the subjects. I used a china ball with daylight bulbs. Then I put my two 1x1 led panels with softbox and grid on two opposing sides at the top:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GNsvb3a16FHPRbZ_TuMv6C5i5QOJJen2