Hey everyone.

I currently have the O'connor 1030ds which is a great head, but I find myself shooting on longer lenses and wonder if I might be better served with the 2560. I'm shooting on an F55 and when paired with the Canon 30-300, mattebox, follow focus etc., tips the scales at almost 35lbs. It's not the increased weight capacity that I'm after, just more stability. At 200-300mm, a very light touch is required on the 1030ds. Does a larger head make operating any easier? The extra weight of lugging around the 2560 I can deal with. I just want to make sure I'm not dealing with diminishing returns in performance.

Thank you.

Craig.

Yes. A 2560 would be easier to operate then a 1030 and be more stable for large zooms. it takes larger sticks, 150mm ball mount or mitchell base. Why don't you ask to test at your local rental house? It is much heavier and promotes a different style of shooting then the 1030.

Hi Albion.

I'm in Northern Canada. Almost 2,000KM from the nearest rental house that has the 2560. Rental/shipping time/freight would set me back about $1,000.

I know that when I went from my small Sachtler to the 1030ds the difference was enormous. I was hoping for something similar with the 2560. Just might have to pony up for the rental.

Hi Craig,

Should the day come, when you upgrade to the 2560, and need to sell the 1030ds - I would be interested.

kc