adapting speed panchros to sony a7s with infinite focus

kris limbach

I want to try some speed panchros with arri standard mount on a sony a7s in apsc mode. I have a fotodiox adapter , but i can´ focus infinity. it s all blurry.. so i was wondering: has anyone experience with different adapters? is there an adapter maybe with some way to adjust back focus? thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hi Kris,

In case you haven't worked it out yet, I use the same setup but with the Fujifilm version of that adapter. I've found that the tab inside can be a bit finicky, and mine took some manual adjusting to get it to slip properly into the slot in the lens.

Can you tell if your lens is seating all the way into the adapter? There shouldn't be a gap between the front of the adapter and the back of the lens barrel where the focus marks are.

I believe Metabones has an Arri Standard to E-mount adapter, and I expect it to be much more reliable than the Fotodiox one. It's a lot more expensive though.

-N

• Premium Member

Oh do report back if you end up liking the Metabones! They don't make an X-mount version of that adapter but I might try making one by combining parts from two adapters if it's good. The Fotodiox one is real trash.