WTB 2-Perf, 3-Perf or Super16 Camera

Mike Sulzberger

I'd like to find a 2-perf, 3-perf or Super 16 camera. My budget is $3,000-5,000.

My first choice would be for a 2-perf with a lens, second choice is a 3-perf with lens and third choice is a Super 16 with a lens.

My range on price is with the expectation that a 2-per or 3-perf with a lens is going to be on the high end of my budget while a Super 16 with no lens should be at the low end. Of course if someone has an Arricam ST 2-perf with some Cooke lenses they like to sell me for $3,000, I'd be happy to be proven wrong on my price estimates. :D Seriously, if I'm way off on my price expectations, please let me know.

If you have a film camera that's been sitting unused or under utilized, please consider dusting it off and sending it to a good home. I have a short I'd like to shoot in December with kids from the local theater club and crew from the local University. If we can pull that off, we've got plans for a feature to shoot in June.

• Premium Member

Sadly, with that budget you're relegated to 16mm. I did see a very nice Ultra 16 package on the facebook group for $3k that had a super nice zoom lens included. If you wanna send me your contact info via PM, I can have them e-mail you.

I'm not so sure this is true Tyler. For an ultra modern camera, probably, but I just bought a 2c for under $3000 with lenses, and a friend of mine just sold his 2-perf 2C with PL mount for $1200.

That said, A Fries Mitchell would fit into that price range.

However, for a sound sync camera, you are probably right. Maybe a CP-16?

The Ultra16 package isnt available, so still looking.

I have one for $3000. Eclair NPR Ultra 16. Serviced by Bernie of Super16 Inc in NY last November. I need to list that thing soon. Selling at a big loss...but need the money.

Edited by Samuel Berger

• Premium Member

I'm not so sure this is true Tyler. For an ultra modern camera, probably, but I just bought a 2c for under $3000 with lenses, and a friend of mine just sold his 2-perf 2C with PL mount for $1200.

Yea, those are ULTRA rare cameras tho... I've literally seen 2 in my entire life + he needs lenses to go along with it for $5k, which is hard. :(

Your price range is unrealistic. Five or so years ago maybe For 5k you can get a nice AAton XTR, but no lens. With in your price range, I would expect that only MOS 35mm cameras of old vintage will be the only choice. 2 or 3 perf fetch quite a premium these days. 4 perf cameras are much cheaper.

Thanks to everyone who read and responded to my post. I have found an Aaton LTR54 that has been converted to Ultra16 and comes with a Zeiss 10-100. No videotap. Seller priced it at $2,500 knowing it hasnt been serviced in a few years. At this price, I can send it to Bernie and know that Ill have a camera ready to shoot. Again, thanks to everyone and Im sure I will have more questions as I go forward.

Edited by Mike Sulzberger
  • Upvote 1

:) I have a SRII Super16 Evolution (Advanced) (5-75p/s) and unless someone offers me 5k i would not sell it. With two Zeiss HiSpeed MKIII S16 Lenses (9.5mm T1.3 & 16mm T1.3) i might sell it for 8k. i LOVE my Camera but i would sell it ONLY to get a Arri SR3 (or a 416 :D :D )

post-60872-0-76444400-1536252290_thumb.jpg