Kodak 5248 EXR 100T in daylight

Jay Young

• Premium Member

My 2c I just purchased came with some 5248. I needed to test the camera to see if it was indeed in working order, and it performed flawlessly. I thought I would share.

I didn't clip test the film before shooting, but I never expected it to look this good after however many years.

In resolve, my printerlights hover around 40, 24, 14 in the offset on average. Of course, I figure I would have to dial in a bunch of red being Tungsten film shot in daylight.

Love to hear your thoughts. Next up to test is Fuji 8552. Edit: I'm not really good at color grading.

I can provide the 4k scan if anyone should want that as well.

Edited by Jay Young

That looks pretty darned good for old film. Very nice, indeed. Graininess is well controlled, too. Despite the off colour, greens look really, really nice.

A bunch of very cool films were shot on that stock, Blade Runner being one of them:

[Edit: Oh poop I completely misread that - 5248, not 5247!]

https://shotonwhat.com/film-negative-stock/eastman-color-negative-ii-100t-52477247

I don't suppose you could put up a few 4K frames? :-)

Edited by Karim D. Ghantous

• Premium Member

That looks pretty darned good for old film. Very nice, indeed. Graininess is well controlled, too. Despite the off colour, greens look really, really nice.

A bunch of very cool films were shot on that stock, Blade Runner being one of them:

[Edit: Oh poop I completely misread that - 5248, not 5247!]

https://shotonwhat.com/film-negative-stock/eastman-color-negative-ii-100t-52477247

I don't suppose you could put up a few 4K frames? :-)

This was color graded by me, of which I am not the best so if the color is off, its totally my fault!

I can put up some 4k frames when I get home. Currently in Atlanta for Cine Gear!