Easy to use color grading software?

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Update on this post... Decided to try to make my own DCP package using the youtube instructions I posted on the previous page. They worked. When I tried to view the mxf files with VLC media player, the video mxf file either was black or played in slow motion or stopped on a single frame. So I decided to install the free trial version of the NeoDCP Player (64bit) which plays the DCP files properly although with a 1 minute time limit and a watermark. However it did play the DCP files properly, with a bit more clarity than the .mp4 file rendered from the same project (probably because of the conversion from the original Premiere Pro Project to a tiff 16 bit stream), so it showed me the instructions to create a free DCP package actually did work.

Apparently you can review the quality of your audio and video dcp files separately on your PC using the free VLC player. While not a cinema experience it should be good to determine if your dcp audio and video files have any problems.

Or if you want to gamble $49 here is a PC VLC player software for sale for $49 on a 4 year old Australian website. I imagine if it didn't work Paypal might get you your money back. Full price for software license to play dcp files on a PC run $700 to $1300 on other web sites.

https://www.digitall.net.au/dcpplayer/

Since it is a 4 year old web site it says it works with win7 and win8. I sent them an email to ask if it works with Win10 64 bit systems. Will be interesting to see if and what they reply.

Edited by Bob Speziale

• 5 weeks later...