John Hughes

Mike Krumlauf

Wanted to make a post and see if anyone on here had the opportunity to work with/for the late chicago filmmaker John Hughes? Always interested in hearing insider stories about hughes and his process.

Edited by Mike Krumlauf

The guy definitely left his mark on the landscape. I wonder what kind of teen movies he'd make now that most teens spend most of their time looking at phones.

You can hear John Hughes' lost commentary on FERRIS BUELLER over here: http://screencrush.com/ferris-bueller-audio-commentary/

If I'm not wrong this is the only time he's ever recorded such a thing.

I wonder what kind of teen movies he'd make now that most teens spend most of their time looking at phones.

"I'm a baby boomer haha" movies.

I can't speak for how kids acted in the 80's, but the characters in his films are far off from how teens have acted in the last 10-20 years.

"I'm a baby boomer haha" movies.

I can't speak for how kids acted in the 80's, but the characters in his films are far off from how teens have acted in the last 10-20 years.

I watched JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE the other day and I think that movie kinda nailed it. The kids were modern day BREAKFAST CLUB counterparts minus Judd Nelson. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

I think the closest thing we have in modern cinema to John Hughes is the film Love, Simon. Fantastic Film. and sam, your pic is from Medium Cool isnt it? One of my all time favorite chicago films. the criterion blu ray is beautiful!

I had the pleasure do meet John Hughes' wife in 2016. She was such a kind soul, i told her about myself and my efforts so far as a filmmaker and how much her husbands films meant to me and she told me "if john was here tonight, he would have invited you over and you would have been up all night talking with him". I cried at that point lol.

Edited by Mike Krumlauf

• 2 weeks later...