Robert Redford's Latest Film Was Shot On Super 16mm

Mike Krumlauf

It was nice to watch the trailer, I have to say it looks really nice and certainly it doesn't looks a lot like 35mm but grainy. It's hard to judge by viewing the trailer on YouTube. IMDB says it was shot with Arriflex 16mm cameras.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say – the film was absolutely lovely. In addition to being a simple, but moving story, the Super 16 was sooo fitting for the film. Very charming, very classic, just like the protagonist of the film. Exactly the medium the film needed. Wouldn't have worked nearly as well any other way.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say – the film was absolutely lovely. In addition to being a simple, but moving story, the Super 16 was sooo fitting for the film. Very charming, very classic, just like the protagonist of the film. Exactly the medium the film needed. Wouldn't have worked nearly as well any other way.

I still need to see it! Looks great and i've been a lifelong redford fan. even as a director.. that film Ordinary People he shot in Lake Forest, Illinois is one of my favs

• 3 weeks later...