Mike Krumlauf

Robert Redford's Latest Film Was Shot On Super 16mm

..and by the trailer it looks beautiful. Sad to see Redford retire from acting though. Hopefully ill have a chance to see the film soon. Nice to see 16mm still being used!

Hopefully more details will show up in some interviews, as the spots fooled me into thinking it was s35. the dof is so shallow it makes me wonder if they shot just shy of wide open the whole time

It was nice to watch the trailer, I have to say it looks really nice and certainly it doesn't looks a lot like 35mm but grainy. It's hard to judge by viewing the trailer on YouTube. IMDB says it was shot with Arriflex 16mm cameras.

Yes me too. I find it rather strange that S16 was used instead of 35 for this kind of mainstream movie. I guess they were wanting a grainy appearance ? Quite brave when all is ultra clean nowadays.

I just wanted to say – the film was absolutely lovely. In addition to being a simple, but moving story, the Super 16 was sooo fitting for the film. Very charming, very classic, just like the protagonist of the film. Exactly the medium the film needed. Wouldn't have worked nearly as well any other way.

• Upvote 1

I just wanted to say – the film was absolutely lovely. In addition to being a simple, but moving story, the Super 16 was sooo fitting for the film. Very charming, very classic, just like the protagonist of the film. Exactly the medium the film needed. Wouldn't have worked nearly as well any other way.

I still need to see it! Looks great and i've been a lifelong redford fan. even as a director.. that film Ordinary People he shot in Lake Forest, Illinois is one of my favs

Watching the Robert Redford Trailer is the Answer for the Question i'm beeing asked all the Time: Why 16mm? Why Film?

In the Future i will not Answer this Question anymore but give the Link.

This is why i bought my Arri SR3 Camera. Thank you for this Post. It made my Day

Where I wasn't in love with the movie, the 16mm aspect was great. It really did look like a classic 70's anamorphic film, without the flares of coure.