Sanitas - Directed by Jota Aronak

• Premium Member

Hi guys,

A month ago I had the great opportunity to shoot 5 commercials for a health insurance company in Spain with my friend Jota Aronak.

The premise of the 5 commercials was to make bright, warm, inviting and low contrast images so we decided to do that BUT giving it a little bit of character.

The project involved a lot of CGI and I had to maintain the same type of light for all the spaces in the 5 commercials so I decided to not let natural light in, which, when you don't have a great budget and have to emulate the sun is a bit difficult!

But we tried our best, the client ended up being super mega happy and we had so much fun shooting them in the 2 days that we had scheduled for them, we even finished a bit earlier on the second day! :D :D

I've wanted to use the Cooke S5 lenses since Adam started that thread on here so I gave them a go on these ads.. and I fell in love with them!! I also used a lot of filters but the overall image coming from the Cooke S5 is really beautiful on its own.

I will use them again probably and hopefully very soon! :) hence.. thanks Adam and Freya!!!

The colour grading was done in El Colorado by Jorge Jesús.

So, here we go!

The 1st commercial out of the 5 :)

Sanitas

Hope you like it! :)

Have a lovely day.

• Premium Member

Thanks Jay!

For the 1st shot I used the following things:

For the window at the back: M40 on the right hand side, you can see the effect on the wall on the left hand side of the frame (the white one with the door)

For the panel of windows on the right hand side on the small hallway when she is coming towards camera: 2 x 6K.

Our budget was so low that I couldn't have even Cinepars so they were normal 6K Fresnel.

That was the 1st shot that we shot and the sun wasn't up yet so it definitely helped.

My lighting package for all the commercials was:

2 x 6K Fresnel

1 x M40

1 x M18

1 x Skypanel

The other ones are over here:

Have a good day!

Looks really great. I kinda don't like the voice off-screen and don't like the CGI building too, in my own opinion, the building decrease the overall quality of the ad (so, your work) but I understand that is not your responsibility.

You do an amazing job with the cinematography. Do you use an slider for some shots?

The light and the quality you pull off is great!

Looking forward to see the rest of the ads.

• Premium Member

Looks really great. I kinda don't like the voice off-screen and don't like the CGI building too, in my own opinion, the building decrease the overall quality of the ad (so, your work) but I understand that is not your responsibility.

You do an amazing job with the cinematography. Do you use an slider for some shots?

The light and the quality you pull off is great!

Looking forward to see the rest of the ads.

Thanks for your kind words Giacomo!

The only thing that we were able to do regarding the CGI building was to give them the sky behind the building (which we shot after wrapping the commercials and on our way home :D :D ) and create the shape of the building, other than that it was managed by the production company and the agency for the client, who had a very clear vision of what she wanted :)

We used a dolly Chapman with the Arrihead on every shot, it was easier to use than a slider as the floor was really smooth and perfect and we could move in a better way.

Have a lovely day!

• Upvote 1