7363 is back!

I use anything to print on. They call this intermediate film. I wish I could buy print film this way.

The Liason of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto has a store that stocks Orwo PF2 for a remarkably low price. If you're looking for b&w print film, that might be an option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7363. Core #1 roll #6/8. Bracket test face. 15mm. Cine Kodak Model BB camera. Snow was on the ground and the sky was overcast. 25 Asa was used. The Sekonic incident light meter uncovered read 640 black and 20 red. At 1/35 that's f4. The Weston reflected light meter read off the tripod buoy supported gray card 25 on the low scale and a little less on the high scale. That's f4/5.6 or f4. Exposures were f4, f4-1/3, f4-2/3, f5.6. The lens was covered between shots, shooting a few frames to put black between exposures. Development was in D-94 at 70 f five and one half minuets, agitating 15 times to begin and then 3 times in each 30 seconds. Second development was 4 min. in D-95, same agitations. Pictures look great in all exposures. Take your pick. The face looks best at f4 and the background looks better at f5.6. That would be 50 Asa. A longer FD to 6 min or 6 1/2 at f5.6 might lighten it. Not 7 min though. That is too far. Leader lightens at 7 as will the image too much for me.

• 2 months later...

7363. Core #1 roll #6/8. Bracket test face. 15mm. Cine Kodak Model BB camera. Snow was on the ground and the sky was overcast. 25 Asa was used. The Sekonic incident light meter uncovered read 640 black and 20 red. At 1/35 that's f4. The Weston reflected light meter read off the tripod buoy supported gray card 25 on the low scale and a little less on the high scale. That's f4/5.6 or f4. Exposures were f4, f4-1/3, f4-2/3, f5.6. The lens was covered between shots, shooting a few frames to put black between exposures. Development was in D-94 at 70 f five and one half minuets, agitating 15 times to begin and then 3 times in each 30 seconds. Second development was 4 min. in D-95, same agitations. Pictures look great in all exposures. Take your pick. The face looks best at f4 and the background looks better at f5.6. That would be 50 Asa. A longer FD to 6 min or 6 1/2 at f5.6 might lighten it. Not 7 min though. That is too far. Leader lightens at 7 as will the image too much for me.

Michael, when you processed the 7363 as negative, did you find that it still had the yellowish tint to the stock? I just processed this and although still wet and hanging to dry, I found that it still had a bit of the yellow base color to it.

Did you use hypo? I used hypo for mine in a rewind tank at about 6 1/2 minutes. Processed as neg for 13 minutes in D76 (the Morse requires 2x the standard dev times, so I hear)

Any input is appreciated!

-Derick

many black and white lab stocks have a yellow antihalation layer which is effectively a yellow filter to cut the transmission of reflected blue light (I';m talking about normal blue sensitive only lab stocks, not panchromatic lab stocks). this yellow filter however normally dissolves during the development. I suspect you may not have adequately fixed the film and what you are seeing is silver halide retention. Make some fresh fix and try again.

My last effort used PF-2 and the fixer was cold because of winter. It took more than half the 8 minuets fixing time to warm it up. So, there is some yellow color remaining. This was printed using a Bolex H16T camera with bi-packed film from a 7222 negative.

post-71635-0-09942800-1551466928_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michael Carter