Deep focus

shubham tiwari

post-75233-0-54666300-1540460088_thumb.jpg

I saw this frame in one of the tvc of coffee brand. And i wanted the same frame in one of the commercial i am working on for coffee house. In the frames beans are falling on the surface and fills the frame. As a amateur cinematographer i wanted to know Is it possible to shoot the shot fully on focus i.e Deep Focus. I pulled my camera aperture as low as possible. I am using lumix gh5 with 35-100mm lens. But result are still not satisfactory.

I wanted to know how can i achieve deep focus in close up shot like this one.

Hi, there is a new lens system called TS-160 Robusto, From infinity-photo optical, USA, http://www.infinity-usa.com.

I helped the development of the lens and I can assure you, it does exactly what you are looking for, there is an adapter for any kind of lens mount from C to PL and the MTF is impressive.

Roberto laguna

Www.lagunafilms.com.br

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, there is a new lens system called TS-160 Robusto, From infinity-photo optical, USA, http://www.infinity-usa.com.

I helped the development of the lens and I can assure you, it does exactly what you are looking for, there is an adapter for any kind of lens mount from C to PL and the MTF is impressive.

Roberto laguna

Www.lagunafilms.com.br

This lens seems interesting... @Roberto What would you say the effective aperture for this lens would be? I know macro and micro lenses behave a little different with light loss, so how much light would actually be needed to get proper exposure, with a decent DoF so close to the lens? I ask because I have some hi-speed projects with a Phantom Flex in the works, and exposure at 2000fps already requires so much light, I would be worried that the high speeds + small aperture would compound into a massive amount of light required, something we hope to avoid.

• Premium Member

It’s unavoidable, you need a lot of light to get deep focus, especially in macro photography and even more so for high speed photography. On the plus side, macro photography often involves such a small area to light that you can bring a light closer to the subject for more exposure.