What Kodak films can be 2R?

I didn't realize that it was so hard to find 2R film!

Michael, I have some old 2R stock that has been frozen up until recently (and is currently in my fridge). I have 7296, 7297, and 1 100ft roll of 200T. I have been testing the 200T and it seems great.

I would trade for some 1R B&W stock.

• Premium Member

All 16mm film stock should be offered 2-r. There are cameras that need it. Mitchell 16, the Geneva Bolex Auto and the early Paillard-Bolex H-16, Zeiss-Ikon Movikon 16, Vitascope Movie Maker, Moveo, Peko, and others. Kodak’s own best camera, the Ciné-Kodak Special, was designed for 2-r. Kodacolor which was centered by the special pins in its gate, hence the name. Long forgotten

Projectors used to have double-sided sprocket drums and claws. Why should they be banned from being used?

Archival techniques are based on the possiblitiy of using the other hole row, if one is damaged, or any perforation hole not torn.

Trick work can be done with two-rows stock, the film is mechanically symmetrical.

High-speed cameras transport the film more safely when perforated along both edges.

With the regular image picture negatives don’t have to be 1-r.

Final argument: from stock perforated both sides Kodak can retain more punch slugs that contain silver . . .