Need help with a Nikon Super Zoom 8

Edwin Feliu

It's my first Super 8 camera, and I love it. They don't make 1.5 mercury batteries anymore, so I'm ordering the 1.35 replacements which are also used for 35mm cameras. Before I loaded the Kodak Visions3 500T/7219 film, the automatic setting was at the lowest aperture, since it had no batteries. Once I loaded the camera, and using manual settings, it won't go lower than f/stop 8 but will go up to 22. Am I missing something? Why can't I go down to, say, 2.8? Thanks for any help.

Not experienced any problems here. The hearing aid battery option was recomended by photographers as a good alternative many years ago with the cost of a battery around 33 pence. At 1.4 volts its only a fraction over the old PX-13 mercury cell, I must have shot over 80+ films using this method. I put a very small rubber washer around the cell to hold it central before securing.

http://classiccameraguy.com/batteries/

I can only speak in my experience with 35mm film cameras. The hearing aid batteries work well and are commonly used, and so are two replacements. One is an expensive battery with a rubber ring, and the other is the Wein Cell 1.35 volt battery available in Amazon for $8. Both have worked for me, and I'm using both of the batteries above for the Nikon. They do the job.