I am presently using the Nikon Coolpix B700 to shoot 4K video in preference to my other Nikon DSLR's. For less than $500 I'd say it's your best bet for 4K video and a 24-1440 equivalent focal length fixed lens. For 2K video you could get a used Nikon D3100 and use old Nikon Film lenses which are quite cheap on ebay and add an autofocus 18-55 kit lens, or buy a new Nikon 18-55 kit lens (equivalent focal length is 27-82mm) with a new Nikon D3400 new for less than $500.

I second the vote for the NIkon D3400. Having a camera with full manual control is the most important thing, because you have a lot more control than an auto camera and it helps you in the learning process. Such as; what does ƒ stop do, what does shutter speed do and so on.....

In regards to the Nikon dslr, no other camera manufacturer has made their older lenses more compatible with new cameras than Nikon. Their older AI-S lenses are some of the best ever made and quite inexpensive. Simply put, with a D3400 or most any nikon dslr, there is SO MUCH great glass available. Not the case with any other make.