Arriflex 435 Xtreme 3perf conversion kit?

Uli Meyer

• Premium Member

Does anyone know if there is a 3 perf conversion kit for the Arriflex 435 Xtreme? I can find info on conversion kits for the 235 and the Arricams but not the 435. If they do exist, any recommendations for where to find one would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

• Premium Member

a 435 3 perf movement should pop in if Im not mistaken. Contact Adnree at AM camera, he does movement conversions still (and has done several 2 perf 435 cameras while at Clairmont) - AMcamera.com

Just dropped Andree a line. Thank you for the info, Robin!

• Premium Member

He can convert the camera as it's a cam based movement, but it's going to be expensive. Sadly it's not just the movement and the gate, but also some drive pulleys.

I have been offered an Arriflex 435 Advanced 3perf but really was hoping to find an Xtreme. There are 4perf Xtremes available hence the idea to do a conversion. If this is too costly, I'll abandon that idea.

• Premium Member

For anyone who is interested, Andree from AM Cameras just replied:

There isn't much information out there when it comes to the 435. Unlike the 235 and Arricams, the installation of a 3 perf kit into a 435 is quite difficult and it requires special tools and a highly experienced technician.

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2018 at 6:38 PM, Uli Meyer said:

For anyone who is interested, Andree from AM Cameras just replied:

There isn't much information out there when it comes to the 435. Unlike the 235 and Arricams, the installation of a 3 perf kit into a 435 is quite difficult and it requires special tools and a highly experienced technician.

Thanks Uli for the research, I thought about converting my 435, too, but now I have to abandon this idea.

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, Matej Pok said:

Thanks Uli for the research, I thought about converting my 435, too, but now I have to abandon this idea.

In the end I bought the 435 Advanced 3perf and Arri fitted an Fem-2 which makes it a sort of Xtreme ?

IMG_3296.JPG

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Robin Phillips said:

you found an FEM-2 in the wild? hell of a find sir. I dont suppose theres a chance the source had another one eh?

9 hours ago, Matej Pok said:

What a nice build! 

And what about that anamorphic viewfinder ? ? You don’t need that with 3perf ?

When I bought it directly from Arri in 2018 I asked them if they wouldn't mind fitting an FEM-2 and they agreed. It came with the viewfinder as is. This was the last analog camera they sold as far as I know. Happy to have this Frankensteined 435.