Epic with UMC4, record release and timecode input?

I'm currently prepping a feature to be shot on Epic Dragon with a Arri UMC4 brain.
The UMC4 is connected to the camera body with a K2.65270.0 UMC to Red cable. This takes up both the SYNC and CTRL ports on the camera body.
The problem is that our sound mixer needs to use the SYNC port on camera for his timecode box, which means we lose the remote record functionality.
We have tried sending timecode to the UMC4, but this only records it to the SD card. It does not pass through to camera for syncing with the R3D files.

Does anyone have a solution where we can retain remote recording and also timecode?

Many thanks,

Richard

Been an issue for a while with this combination. There are a few cable work arounds if you have a TC device that can loop through an RS signal but I think you'll lose the CTRL link.

If you need remote RS for every shot, jam sync often and hope it sticks through an entire take.

I'd recommend leaving a TC device on camera and switching the cables back and fourth depending on the needs of the shot or whenever the camera turns on.

If someone has a better solution I'd love to hear it, this feels pretty janky to me still...