Exporting video for Digital Billboard help!

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the filmmaking industry so I would really appreciate if anyone can help me solve my confusion!!

I had a question about matching the video specs for a digital billboard. I need to get a 15 second commercial spot into a digital billboard in my local town and their specs to meet are as follows:

Composition Size: High Definition (HD) 432 x 252

Color Mode: RGB

Resolution: 72 dpi - 300 dpi

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square

Recommended Static File Format: JPEG

Other Acceptable Static Formats: BMP, GIF/GIFF, PNG

Recommended Animated File Format: AVI (compressed with XVID)

Other Acceptable Animated Formats: SWF (Versions 6 through 9), MOV (compressed with H.264)

Video Frame Rate: 30 fps

Video Color Depth: 24 bit RGB

Video Bit Rate: +9000

Here are my questions:

1) What is composition size?

2) Are there any of these specs I MUST consider before shooting? For example, it shows Video Frame Rate is 30fps. Must I film at 30 fps?

3) What is Video Bit Rate?

4) Can I match these specs in Final Cut Pro X when exporting?

5) I am filming with a GH5s. Is this camera compatible with these specs?

I am embarrassed to say that I am extremely clueless to these things. I am really hoping I can gain some insight from you guys. Thank you!

The closest HD resolution to (HD) 432 x 252 is 720P (1280x720) so shoot your video in 720P at 30fps. The rest of your settings will be in export. I am using Premiere Pro and exported a 10 second clip. I think you should have similar export setting choices in Final Cut.

I set the quality to 100% to give me above 9000 kbps bitrate. I set the export format to Quick Time Movie (H.264 codec) for the the .mov output. I set frame size to 432 wide, which gives a height of 244 instead of 252, but I think that will just put a slight border on top and bottom of the frame. I set the pixels to square pixels (1:1).

Looking at the propeties of the exported file, it shows my file as Sequence 01.mov, 11.1MB, Length 00.00:10, Frame width 432, frame height 244, Data rate 9256kbps, Total bitrate 9359kbps, Frame rate 30 frames/second.

My file also had audio but I don't think your bill board will have audio.