Developing Question

John Carty

I have seen where some people use 5 baths to process E6 film, and others only use 3 baths. Is their really a big difference between them? And also if you have a Lomo tank can you process a 100ft roll of 16mm film, or do you have to cut it in half to do the job...I know their are different size tanks you can get, but if you bought a 30m tank could that do the whole lot, or is it to difficult to get all the film in there.

Thanks

John

Yes there is a big difference between 3 bath and 7 bath E-6.

Basically the 3 chemical version ( obviously convenient ) is designed for the occasional user and hobbyist where 'total' process control ( density, contrast and colour balance ) is not possible, unlike the 7 chemical 'full term' process which can be.

7 bath can also run replenished ( ie... for labs with good throughput ).

Re: Lomo tanks.
Although the majority of Lomo tanks are 50ft, I believe there are 100ft versions out there.

John S :rolleyes:

I have one, they are rare and over $500, a friend has two of them. I like to use 50 feet at a time and the medium size 15m Lomo tank. Some cameras have a stopping arm to limit shooting to 50 feet. I use a Cine Kodak Model BB camera that requires 50 foot reels. Gray plastic projection reels work in total darkness. I wind down film from 400 foot cores. That way I do not cut film in half.