cooke speed panchros rehousing options

kris limbach

• Premium Member

Adam Frisch alleges that 'buddies' of TLS jump the queue. This is not what I have come across. I have had a set of K35's rehoused by TLS and I had a number in the queue - it took over a year for my lenses to get rehoused but I believe TLS treated me fairly. I even asked them if a well known rental company in London which is also owned by the same company that owns TLS would have preferential treatment and they assured me that they would not.

I can say that the TLS rehouse is really good and is worth waiting for - also resale value will be good. With all well done rehoused lenses you will have to wait.

My info is anecdotal, but from reliable source (owner of big rental house). I agree that TLS makes the best conversions I've seen.

I m going now back and forth in my decision between a lesbosher rehouse and a tls rehouse. Checking the pros and cons. The price difference is that huge that I am not sure if I will ever make the money back in case i go with TLS. on the other hand for renting the lenses out this would make the most profit I guess. Also I would like to shoot with the lenses next spring and TLS would definitely take longer to rehouse... it s not easy ;) ;) Thank you people for all the insights.

I doubt people will want to pay extra to rent your lenses just because they are TLS rehoused rather than any other vendor. Either way, it's a big investment, and with sensors getting ever larger, you may not have as many years as you think to make your money back. There are already many cameras that cannot use Speed Panchros.