Any Russian members? Got some Svema 16mm with pamphlet..

Hello,

I recently received via ebay some rolls of 16mm Svema Och45 B&W. Inside one of the boxes I found a pamphlet, I was hoping there might be a member here who might be able to tell me what the "gist" is.

page 01

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90387324@N05/45145049775/in/dateposted-public/

page 02

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90387324@N05/45145049975/in/dateposted-public/

you never know, might be interesting...

Cheers, Gareth

My Russian language skills are not so good... But I spend a lot of time in Russia.

The google translate app for phones allows one to use the built in camera to aim at your pamphlet and it will provide an instant machine translation. It won't be perfect, but you should get the gist of it :)

Works a treat on restaurant menus too!

Hello,

I recently received via ebay some rolls of 16mm Svema Och45 B&W. Inside one of the boxes I found a pamphlet, I was hoping there might be a member here who might be able to tell me what the "gist" is.

page 01

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90387324@N05/45145049775/in/dateposted-public/

page 02

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90387324@N05/45145049975/in/dateposted-public/

you never know, might be interesting...

Cheers, Gareth

My rudimentary Russian says to "Store the film in a cool dry place" and so on :)

page 1

before gluing/stitching you must clean the film's emulsion and lacquer layers on the spot where you will be gluing/stiching

STORAGE

keep the film in cool dry place, away from source of heat, and protect the film form direct sunlight.

keep in mind that the film will be negatively impacted if it comes into contact with active gases (ammoniac, acetylene, hydrogen sulfide, etc)

GUARANTEE

the high quality of this film is guaranteed until the expiry date printed on the package

all products produced at this factory are thoroughly checked and pass quality control. if the consumer finds a defect in the film (prior to best before date) you need to do such such and such and contact blah blah.

if the defect is confirmed to be due to manufacturing, you will receive replacement product for the same amount

addresses of specialized labs that work with consumer film stock:

various addresses follow

shostkinskoe factory "svema" manufactures and develops b&w film stock in size 16mm and 2x8mm only with normal perforation

***side note: svema stands for SVEtochustvitel'nye MAterialy, or, light-sensistive materials. factory created in 1931 in Shostka, Ukraine***

film that is stitched or has damaged perforation will not be accepted for developing

film must be sent for developing in the factory box (in which it was purchased... i assume)....some details and instructions for shipping

the cost of film development - 7 kopeks per 1 metre

some more instructions for payment and shipping

page 2

INSTRUCTION

for use and development of b&w reversal film stocks OCH-45, OCH-45 type L, OCH-180

spectral light sensitivity of this film is panchromatic

you cannot use this film to get a negative

keep in mind that for film stock with perforation type "S" you must use film cameras and projectors with Super-8 format

keep in mind that because this is a reversal film stock, the dynamic latitude is significantly less than a negative film stock would have. because of this, correct exposure of the film becomes significantly more important

light sensitivity of this film gradually decreases over time (up to 30% by the end of best before date). you must account for that in your exposure.

to arrive at a correct T-stop use the following film-speed numbers:

OCH-45 daylight 45, tungsten 32

OCH-180 daylight 180, tungsten 250

another table for adjusting exposure while using filters

ZHS-12 (light-yellow), ZHS-18 (dark-yellow), OS-12 (orange), ZHZS-9 (green-yellow)

after exposure you need to develop the film in the shortest time period possible

table with steps of developing process/time in minutes/temperature

washing of the film at each stage of development (so steps 2, 4, 6, 9, 11) has to be done in running water only

flashing the film is done by a tungsten light, 100w, placed 1 metre away from the film

RECIPE (to make the developing baths)

bunch of chemicals

Gday,

I tried to use online translators but they kept assuming the Cyrillic alphabet was Zulu!!

So thanks so much Kyryll, very handy work, and makes interesting reading too.

Can't wait to shoot some, should be very moody looking footage...

It expired in the late 80's so a wee bit of adjustment might be needed...

Cheers, gareth

Gday,

I tried to use online translators but they kept assuming the Cyrillic alphabet was Zulu!!

So thanks so much Kyryll, very handy work, and makes interesting reading too.

Can't wait to shoot some, should be very moody looking footage...

It expired in the late 80's so a wee bit of adjustment might be needed...

Cheers, gareth

Все хорошо. Удачи!!!!