Taking of motor

Carl Nenzen Loven

Hi there,

I am finally busting out my lovely ACL for work on Saturday again, and I just want to check that everything works again.

It seems I had the same issue as the great Jason Hinkle had on his motor.

And I am wondering if there is a way to take off the motor, and tighten the screws? I would love to send it out to Bernie, but I have no time to do it now sadly.

C

I watched some of Jason's video, but the ideas are a bit fuzzy. Carl, in a few simple words, what is the problem?

With a little skill and understanding, removing and mounting motors is not difficult. The bigger motor, the common multispeed one, not the CP one, has a larger mounting flange that fits over the original one.

The 9 pin canon connector is a bit fragile, given that non trained people remove and mount the motors. They only cost about USD25, but can take a few hours to swap out. I think any good camera tech who likes to solder can do it.

The story I have, and I don't know if it is true, is that Andrew at AZSpectrum is the only one who knows how to work in depth on the motor electronics...http://www.az-spectrum.com/ He can be quite generous with advise if approached well. Finer points of mounting motors and so forth.

A year or so ago Visual products had plenty of the 9 pin canon connectors.

I watched some of Jason's video, but the ideas are a bit fuzzy. Carl, in a few simple words, what is the problem?

With a little skill and understanding, removing and mounting motors is not difficult. The bigger motor, the common multispeed one, not the CP one, has a larger mounting flange that fits over the original one.

The 9 pin canon connector is a bit fragile, given that non trained people remove and mount the motors. They only cost about USD25, but can take a few hours to swap out. I think any good camera tech who likes to solder can do it.

The story I have, and I don't know if it is true, is that Andrew at AZSpectrum is the only one who knows how to work in depth on the motor electronics...http://www.az-spectrum.com/ He can be quite generous with advise if approached well. Finer points of mounting motors and so forth.

A year or so ago Visual products had plenty of the 9 pin canon connectors.

The motor itself is vibrating, creating a louder noise of the camera than intended.

I managed to a temporary fix with soft side velcro put in between the body and the motor. And since my screws doesn't really seem to tighten the motor that well, I will settle for the fix for now. But future I might want ot take it off and properly velcro to stop any vibrations.

C