Aaton LTR 100

Mike Sulzberger

I am loading a 100 foot reel on to my Aaton LTR for the first time. I figured out how to remove the large core on the supply side so the 100 reel would fit. But on the take up side, if I use the empty spool that is on there (from a 400 roll), once the 100 of shot film goes on there, the whole thing will be too big to go back in the original box the film was shipped to me in. How do I ship the film to the lab? Is there a smaller spool out there that I should have? Do I just take the 400 spool with 100 of shot film on it and stick it in a light proof container and ship that way to the lab? Or is there an option I am missing?

Edited by Mike Sulzberger

You will need to wrap the roll in a lightproof bag, such as 400' rolls are packed in, first, then as Tyler says put it in a 400' can for posting. The can isn't adequate on its own. Perhaps your lab will give you a bag and can. But no, there isn't a smaller core- the only way to get 100' into its original box is to put a 100' daylight spool on the takeup side. But that would be noisy, if you're shooting sound.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

no big deal.....run the daylight on one side and put the core on the take up side then stick in a black bag......just ask the lab for black bags......Cinelab London sent me cores and bags for projects......