Another Giant Blockbuster Crashes and Burns

• Premium Member

I have the email for the head of acquisitions, her position is always the same....we'll look at it when it's done. Gee really? That is so helpful, you mean un-like the other 50 buyers in LA?

R,

That's quite interesting!

They are starting to make a lot of investment in Europe, specially in Spain since they created the European headquarters in Madrid.. and for what I've heard, they are pretty open over here to make tv series and movies.

:)

That's quite interesting!

They are starting to make a lot of investment in Europe, specially in Spain since they created the European headquarters in Madrid.. and for what I've heard, they are pretty open over here to make tv series and movies.

:)

Yep, they are trying to head off the growing criticism that they are killing off local production. They are certainly having a negative impact in Canada. They are not bound by Canadian content rules and they pay zero tax in Canada, even though they suck up a lot of Canadian eyeballs, and compete directly with Canadian media outlets. The situation is quite outrageous.

R,

Creative endeavor is like water flowing out to the sea - eventually somewhere it breaks through. But just to get started and get your head above the parapet you need a leg-up of some kind. What if you want to learn guitar but you're a nobody and can't play a note. You will have to scrape together the money for a guitar, strings and book or you're never going to be a guitarist, of any sort.

If Netflix are telling you they'll look at it, you're already a light year ahead of the rest of us.

P

Ha Ha, you could send them an idea on a napkin, and they'd say the same thing :)

Reviewing a completed title for potential acquisition is in no way an achievement for the distributor, anyone can do that.

R,