Core and subdued light

I usually load my cameras in total darkness, I have acquired a manual that allows me.
Yesterday, however, I loaded my K3 in subdued light for some technical reasons. For subdued light I mean that the room was total dark, with windows close, with only the light of another room adjacent with a single light bulb on, half-open door.
In short, I open the film can and I realize too late that, being an old film and expired long ago, it was not in daylight spool, but in core. I insert it immediately in the changing bag and I pass it on a daylight spool, then I load the camera, always in attenuated light.

What chance could there be that the film has veiled on the sides?

The film is a color, 40 asa, expired.

Thank you. :)

The only one I can think of is K40, which you can only develop to b/w neg now anyway, but I don't know why you'd have 100' of it on a core. Or any 16mm, for that matter, unless it's a short end.

Taking a chance on fogging after shooting is one thing, but I'm not sure I'd take a chance shooting film that I knew might be fogged. You still have to pay to process it. Better to cut your losses.

Edge fogging might suit your aesthetic, of course.

Edited by Mark Dunn

It's a Svema, of which I spoke here: http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=78428
Just because of the unusual type of film came the surprise. I used other Soviet films, but they were newer and had the daylight spool.
I could decide to not develop it, but since a bet also what will come out from the development, I could "accept" even the aesthetics of some veiling.