Does anyone know what the Pilot for 'The Americans' was shot on?

Roman Alaivi

I've started watching The Americans for the first time today and I had already read about the show previously in American Cinematographer. I know the show has generally employed the Alexa throughout. As I was watching the Pilot I was blown away by how filmic it looked. I'm an Alexa owner myself, shooting on it quite frequently and have never seen something that film like, ever from the camera. Turns out, that was just the pilot and the rest of the show looked as one might expect with the Alexa. Just wondering if anyone knows what glass was used for the Pilot? I'm also not quite sure about the format either, almost looked like S16 in some parts but 35mm in others.

This interview with the cinematographer from the time of the first season only mentions the Alexa. It does go into some depth about how he achieved the look of the show.

https://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/news-features/cold-war-cinematography-concealing-and-revealing-fx-s-spy-drama-americans-423138

Yeah, this information actually came from American Cinematographer, it's a good read. The pilot was shot by Alan Caso though on film, just trying to figure that one out.