Very tight super 8 Ektachrome cartridges !

John Salim

Hi all,

I recently had four super 8mm Ektachromes in for processing ( one new 100D 7294 and three 7285 ) with very tight film stuck, unable to run properly ..... and always coming to a halt when trying.

The problem it seems is too much pressure from the pressure plate spring.

If you push the plate down, you can easily pull film out of the gate - as soon as you release it, it's very tight ( so doesn't seem to be the feed roll ).

I've occasionally had this before and wonder if anyone else has experienced this ?

I'm also wondering if Kodak's had a bad batch of springs !

John S :(

• Premium Member

yes, had many transportation issue's with the old 100d, new stock is very smooth running. Found the old 100d to jam the most in my canon 514xl, old 100d would also cause flickery images even in high end cameras due to poor transportation of the stock.

Same as Andy, had issues with expired 7285 on several carts. I think it's just the age. The film is getting settled into the cart after all these years so it's not as loose. At least that's my theory. When it jams, I sometimes just pull the trigger again and it goes. And if not, I take it out, slap the cart on my leg a few times and bam... working again. With that said, 7294 was smooth for the 1 cart I've shot so far. Perhaps your camera motor is a bit week? I think (probably wrong but who knows) that Vision3 film is a bit easier to transport so less jamming if at all.