Hello everyone,

I am very fascinated by the anamorphic lenses and the effect obtained with them. Looking on the internet for a lens that would not cost too much I found a person who sells an anamorphic projection lens. The lens is an Optical Iper16 2x Anamorphic, I do not know if any of you own it or know it. I would like to use the lens with a Canon 518 AutoZoom and I wanted to ask you: Is it possible to use this lens with my Canon 518? What kind of adapters should I take to fix the anamorphic lens on the camera lens?

This is the link forse the Image of the lens: https://www.google.com/search?q=optical+anamorphic+iper+16&client=ms-android-xiaomi-rev1&tbm=isch&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiY4cG06e3fAhVC3RoKHX4mBr0Q_AUIECgC#imgrc=b-12YfnxFQr0dM&imgdii=q-i_a1AxHWdY1M

You need to know the rear thread diameter of the 'scope lens. It needs to be bigger than the filter thread of your 518. Even so it will still probably vignette at the wide end.

There are various adapters to fit them together. TYou have to be able to focus the camera lens and anamorphic separately, then make sure the anamorphic is vertical for photography. This usually entails some sort of rotating mount with a lock.

Please don't post on two forums- how do we know which one to answer?

Edited by Mark Dunn

You need to know the rear thread diameter of the 'scope lens. It needs to be bigger than the filter thread of your 518. Even so it will still probably vignette at the wide end.

There are various adapters to fit them together. TYou have to be able to focus the camera lens and anamorphic separately, then make sure the anamorphic is vertical for photography. This usually entails some sort of rotating mount with a lock.

Please don't post on two forums- how do we know which one to answer?

yes sorry i thought that this thread was wrong.

Thank you forum tour reply. And there is no difference in using a projection anamorphic lens?