Full Frame Lens Options for Alexa LF

Hello,

I'm prepping for an upcoming project shooting on the Alexa LF. There's not a lot of opportunity on this particular project for lens tests and I'm hoping to get some insights from people who have first hand experience shooting with full frame lenses. Or if anyone can point me to a good resource for researching them online. I've read plenty about how great all these lenses are but not much about what makes one different from the other. I'm looking for any info regarding the unique character provided by different lenses such as the Signature Primes, Thalia, S7's, Panavision, etc. And aside from the modern lenses what vintage options are out there? I understand the K35s cover full frame as well as the Leica R and M. Any gotcha's I should be aware of when considering any of these lenses, modern or vintage?

Thanks in advance!

-Heath

• Premium Member

Hi there!

I shot the following video for my friends of Welab last month and we used the LF + Master Anamorphics and Supreme Primes.

The spherical bits are the portraits and they were cropped, the image that the LF gives you is way bigger.. and I think that you can clearly see the way the Supremes behave.

Take into consideration that everything was shot with just natural light but a couple of portraits where I placed a bounce.. and we were just 3 people making it

We actually said: Well.. what better way to shoot a test than shooting a video for you haha.

Adam shared a commercial that he shot on the LF + Canon K35s not that long ago too so you could definitely compare both.

Anyways! I hope it helps!

Have a good day!

• Upvote 1