viper and moco ???

Sebastian Matthias

hello everybody !

we are planning a fantasy-movie and think about using the viper.lots of steadicam will be used and then combined with motion-control / models.

my question : is the viper a good choice for motion-control with the possibility of undercrankin,overcranking and variable shutter angles ?

is anyone around here who has used the viper with moco ?

any information about shooting moco with the viper would be very much appreciated !

all the best to all of you

sebastian

• Premium Member
hello everybody !

we are planning a fantasy-movie and think about using the viper.lots of steadicam will be used and then combined with motion-control / models.

my question : is the viper a good choice for motion-control with the possibility of undercrankin,overcranking and variable shutter angles ?

any information about shooting moco with the viper would be very much appreciated !

sebastian

Hi,

From memory www.motioncontrol.co.uk have done this. I think a connected company may own a Viper, but I cant see any details on their web site.

Your costs on the MOCO day will probably be higher if you go the viper route as most MOCO's include a Mitchell in the daily rate.

Stephen Williams DP ( Ex MoCo operator )

www.stephenw.com

dear rob,dear steven !

thank you for your replies.

yes i did look up their homepage, but somehow couldn´t find what i was looking for.

maybe i didn´t look closely enough,it was a bit late the last couple of nights ;)

as far as i know our postsupervisor has got in contact with mtioncontroluk,so maybe there will be some more answers,soon.

thank you again

i´m off for the next shoot but i´ll stay in contact

cheers

sebastian

hello everybody !

sebastian

MotionFX in London have Viper and moco.

Far as I'm aware, noone has been able to integrate undercranking overcranking with shutter angle changes using moco with video camera.

Mike Brennan