tom clapson

Project settings and frame rate not matching

Hi everyone, I was on a shoot the other day and the Alexa Mini, was set up to record 24fps, however the project settings were left at 25fps. The director is Keane tokeep the music video at 24 fps to match play back and the time code. We also shot some slow mo at 36fps that he would like to keep to sync up.

Im wondering if there was any way to get the footage back to 24fps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you saying that the project settings of your non linear edit system were set at 25fps when you digitized the footage? If so, what system are you on?

No on the cameras menu setting the FPS was set to 24 and the project settings were left at 25.

I did this once by mistake. 25p project rate and 24fps. Luckily there wasnt much sync so it worked out with some magic while cutting it.

Is the only option to edit everything as a 25fps project? I know its only a minute difference Ive just got the director asking me about this.

Is the only option to edit everything as a 25fps project? I know its only a minute difference Ive just got the director asking me about this.

I'm not sure. We stayed with 25fps in the edit. Obviously your synced clips are going to slide out of sync once they play for a bit. If you have an artist that's lip syncing to the song and have many different angles of it you can make it work. I'm not sure if you can "convert" it to a different framrate though.

Currently when imported the edit software believes the camera footage to be ramped by 1 frame.