1 Arri 416 Steadicam Riser Plate

1 Arri 416 Low Mode Bracket

1 Arri 416 LWS Rod Support

1 Arri 416 BasePlate

1 Battery

We have two sets of these

I know it is over the market price but the owner keep the prices so high

If i may throw my 5ç to this?

I always wondered why everyone is so badly after the 416? I have the SR3 Advanced and i am totally happy with it. Of course i'd :wub: to have an 416 if it was like 1k higher as the SR3 but what makes it so special better than the one i have? The 720HD Videotab? The 35mm style Viewfinder? What makes the Camera so much better than the SR3 to justify such a high price? Please don't be offended if you find my question ridiculous, but i am serious. I got my SR3 Advanced in a fairly (very nice condition) for 5k inclusive the integrated Video Assist. If i could get one for 6 or max. 7k i might consider it. But for around 12k up to 23k...uhmm... what's the difference please?

Randy

ps: im open minded to this topic. if one has a real good argument ..?

• Premium Member

Four years ago you could find a 416 at 6-7K US$. Half a year ago they were already at 12-15K. Now they are around 25-30K (if seen a barely used one at fjs for 60k)

If these prices continue like that, ARRI could consider making another batch of 20 cameras :)

On the other hand I've seen the prices for the 435 and 535 dropping a lot over the past 18 months (4 perf ones that is)

• Premium Member

On the other hand I've seen the prices for the 435 and 535 dropping a lot over the past 18 months (4 perf ones that is)

That's what I was referring too...I hadn't really been following 416 as they are so completely rare on the market.

As soon as The Walking Dead is done, there will be a few more available. Although hopefully that may be a few more years. :)

I have the SR3 Advanced and i am totally happy with it.

I'd completely agree with that. There are a few technical advances that the 416's have that help with a modern production (so I've been told, don't know what exactly...ramping maybe? More advanced timecode options?) but for most shoots an SR3 is as rock solid as the 416. And it seems you could buy 4 or 5 SR3s for what people want for a 416. Supply and demand.

• Premium Member

it was like 1k higher as the SR3 but what makes it so special better than the one i have?

Ohh it's an entirely different design for a different purpose. The SR3 was developed for 16mm filmmaking, short subject/documentary etc. The 416 was designed for commercial/studio production.

First off, it's WAY quieter and smoother running then the SR3.

Second, it has all the accessory plugs necessary for commercial production. Basically all the same tools that fit the Arricam fit the 416.

Third, the viewfinder is way better and the video tap is far brighter and clearer. Its still 525i or 625 in pal, but it's WAY better than the SR's. It's actually usable for more than just framing.

The battery system is better, it has integrated wireless systems, the menus are more inline with the 35mm cameras.

I could go on all day, but the only similarities between the SR3 and the 416 are the fact they shoot film. In fact, the Aaton Xtera has more in common then the SR3 does.