Kinoflo

So, i got my very first Kinoflo the other Day. It's a 2ft two element with a pair of Daylight Tubes and a pair of Tungsten.

200$ i guess thats a fair Price, isn't it? I have an Offer for a 2ft four Element for 350$ and a 4ft two Element for 350 as well.

I am tempted to get those, however, im not sure if that is Futureproof? What do ya think? Should i get one of these as and later a LED Unit?

They also Offered me a Kinoflo Diva 400 which is Dimable for 750$ But as far as i understand the Diva 400 needs to Change the Tubes for Daylight/Tungsten Light?

Your Opinion?

Thanks

Randy

post-60872-0-21849400-1549063567_thumb.jpg

post-60872-0-79546400-1549063573_thumb.jpg

Mmm not that cheap .. I sold my Diva 400 for a lot less that $750.. .. personally I would not invest any money in florrie tube Kino's etc..unless dirt cheap.. they are already all/mostly LED new I believe .. there will have to be a time in the near future when they stop making the bulbs ..I LED dimmable / bi color is the way to go.. IMHO

• Upvote 1

Wow somebody has a very stilted viewpoint of the state of lighting today. Since Kino has the bulbs manufactured to their specs, I'd think that they wouldn't want to cause a riot by suddenly making every Kino head obsolete.

A 1x1 Bi-color Astra Lightpanel is still neraly $1000, a Celebrity 250 $2800.

Edited by JD Hartman

All their new models are LED.. I dont think its far fetched to say that buying into bulb Kino's or any other maker for that matter.. isn't a good long play..unless they are very cheap as I said.. (they or some other company I have read can convert them to LED).. why do you think everyone is selling them . I could hardly give mine away..do you think Kinflo will still be making bulbs for them when they dont produce the fixtures !!..just to keep people happy..they want you to buy the new ones man .. Im sure there are a few ware houses full but that will be it.. its called moving with the times.. everyone has to do it gear wise.. even you one day :).. so yes logic being strongly on my side I would say Im correct in my advise .. rather than dont worry Kinoflo will make bulbs for ever so as not to upset people.. business doesn't work that way.. and for sure not $750 for a second hand Diva 400.. should be half that or less..

Its just common sense , these type of fixtures have already gone completely LED .. the stilted view point is to think things aren't changing.. ?

• 1 month later...

Yes exactly.. my point only was that I wouldn't advise buying an over priced florrie bulb Kino.. JD seemed to object and that I had a stilted view, not sure why.. he didn't answer to my rather obvious reply.. its pretty obvious lights of that type are going LED .. 

Edited by Robin R Probyn

• 3 weeks later...

Was at a blowout sale of some gear recently, I got 2 2'x4 Kinos with ballasts and all for about 300$, probably wouldn't have picked them up otherwise.  My other buddy lucked out even more, got 2 4x4 Tegras on the last day for 200$.  I was holding out for some deals on good LED bi-panels, but the tech is new enough that the used market isn't as good as for KInoFlos, where there will be a used market for ages to come.  I'd wait for LED tech to really settle before picking any up when you can't guarantee resale later on...whereas the Kino ecosystem will likely persist for a while.  Replacement parts, etc, etc...

12 minutes ago, Andy Zou said:

Was at a blowout sale of some gear recently, I got 2 2'x4 Kinos with ballasts and all for about 300$, probably wouldn't have picked them up otherwise.

Would you be willing to flip? I've wanted those for a bit.