I just wanted to say Hello

Hi everyone. I have been reading this forum and posting once in a while if it is something I can actually add to for the past year. I mostly read though because I find I can learn a lot that way.

Anyways, I live in the Rochester NY area but go to school in Rockport Maine. I got to Rockport College also known for their summer workshops. I am starting my last semester there this spring term. I so far have worked with mostly DV and a little bit of 16mm. I am going to be working on someone else's 10 day 16mm shoot in a few days and will be doing some more this semester along with learning a bit about 35mm.

My main interest is editing though and the world of Post Production. I will be looking for a job (aren't many people out there) to start this summer or fall. I currently use Avid Express DV and Final Cut Pro. I am trying to learn Adobe After Effects on my own right now. I seem to be coming up with some questions to my self here and there about the process so I might post some soon.

I also wanted to say that I think this is a great place with many knowledgeable people here, and also thanks to all those people. I hope one day I can help provide more info to people here but for now I enjoy reading and occasionally chiming in. If anyone is in the Maine area and would like to check out the school I go to just let me know and I can help.

Thanks

-Shawn

• 9 years later...