How Cinelab charged me $161 for 100' of 7219

Jeremy Saltry

• Site Sponsor

With low light (low density) negative you will not see allot of difference between the Spirit, Scan Station and the Xena HDR really.

Allot of the advantage of the HDR Xena (And the newer series Spirit we have) is in the ability to handle the density (remember for negative that is the darkest area of the film) without showing electronic/sensor noise in the scan.

I think I suggested in an email that you have Jeff at Du-All camera take a look at the K3 as he knows them well and we will credit the scan for another test so you just pay processing and shipping.

-Rob-

• Premium Member

I had about 300' of 16mm 7203 I'd shot mostly as a lens test and left in the fridge for nearly 10 months (oops). Finally sent it to get processed over at kodak along with some push process tests I'd done. I was shocked that the 10 month old stuff turned out just fine, such that I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference if I'd set it in right after shooting. So its definitely feasible to shoot, chill, and send a batch in to whatever lab.

So even if you get a scan back that you think doesn't look great because of the age or temperature handling of the film, you might be surprised what a good colorist with film experience can do with the scan. They have tricks you won't find in a YouTube Resolve tutorial.