Vladislav Shvan

Critique my shortfilm

This is my old shortfilm, i shoot this film in February 2018 for 9 hours (1 night and 1 morning)

Scrpit i find in Chuck Palahniuk "Burnt tongues" antology and edit a bit for more "cinematic version"

51XlN0Qc1qL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I directed myself (which I greatly regretted in the process), but please pay attention to the camera work.

Camera: Sony a6500 + Speedbuster

Lenses: Samyang 24mm f/1.5, Samyang 35mm f/1.5, Canon 50mm f/1.8

Light: small chinese LED light & 2x cheap 300w redhead tungsten frenel

Also Zhiyun Crane 2

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Hi, nice work!

This short has some of the best handheld shots I've never seen, really an amazing work! The lighting was good, love the locations. I have some problems following the story, maybe because the english translation wasn't accurate enough? I don't know.

The short has some minors issues with pace and the editing, sometimes between scenes was kinda distracting. But love the bold shots, like when he drinks and you make a kinda barrel whip pan (don't know how call it haha) and in a second we are at the bathroom.

I remember some issues with foley and sound effect, probably the most common is that you use foley on what we can see on the screen, but you have to think what you could hear, no matter if the camera is looking at that or not. For example, the first shot when you only hear the footsteps when the guy appear on the screen.

Again, an amazing short, really enjoy watch it. Hope you share more of your work,

bye!

Отличный короткометражный фильм!

Thanks for sharing it Vlad! Really enjoyed it.

Hi, nice work!

This short has some of the best handheld shots I've never seen, really an amazing work! The lighting was good, love the locations. I have some problems following the story, maybe because the english translation wasn't accurate enough? I don't know.

The short has some minors issues with pace and the editing, sometimes between scenes was kinda distracting. But love the bold shots, like when he drinks and you make a kinda barrel whip pan (don't know how call it haha) and in a second we are at the bathroom.

I remember some issues with foley and sound effect, probably the most common is that you use foley on what we can see on the screen, but you have to think what you could hear, no matter if the camera is looking at that or not. For example, the first shot when you only hear the footsteps when the guy appear on the screen.

Again, an amazing short, really enjoy watch it. Hope you share more of your work,

bye!

Thanks for your advice!

If you want to see my last works - that my short dance motivational video and music clip :)

Aslo i worked in MetrX Studio and you can watch works here too - YOUTUBE LINK

Edited by Vladislav Shvan