Jon O'Brien

camera tape

The magazine has arrived for my 2C and I'm getting closer to shooting some short ends. Just have to get some battery connections and do some soldering etc. There is a slight bit of play there at the top, where mag joins camera. Nothing alarming, but there is slight movement. Is it best to tape around not just mag lid but also where mag joins to camera?

If you're worried about it, tape it up. 

It never hurts to be extra careful about your film. I've been taught from the get-go to cover mag-to-body connection along with mag lid. 

• Upvote 1

Bit of a squeeze getting the tape in, front and back of Arri mag. But I guess just tape up as best you can.....and get filming man (advice to self)

On 2/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, Jon O'Brien said:

The magazine has arrived for my 2C and I'm getting closer to shooting some short ends. Just have to get some battery connections and do some soldering etc. There is a slight bit of play there at the top, where mag joins camera. Nothing alarming, but there is slight movement. Is it best to tape around not just mag lid but also where mag joins to camera?

As long as the knurled pin snaps tight and locks up to where the mag doesn't have any play, it should be light tight. Tape it if you are unsure. Film is expensive. Don't take any risks.