Ektachrome! E6 the Cinelab Ekta runs!

• Site Sponsor

FYI for everyone...

We spent the last few months (four or six?) rebuilding one of our Allen products film processors to run E6

This machine was originally bought by Cinelab in 1974 (when in Boston) for running (VNF I think?) Ektachrome.

It has been reconfigured over the years to run just about every process from ECO to ECP and B&W.

this machine has allot of tanks and is now configured to run ECP (Color Print) and E6 and it is RUNNING!!!

We delivered the first Ektachrome S8mm rolls yesterday and we can run 8mm 16mm and 35mm Ektachrome in the machine.

• Upvote 4

Wow I just went over to Kodak's site to see how much the Ektachrome is going for. They want $39.99 per roll of Super 8!

I used to pay about $12 for the same thing all the way up to around 2005....

Ay idea how much a 400 ft can of S16 EKTACHROME is going to cost? any speculation?

Ay idea how much a 400 ft can of S16 EKTACHROME is going to cost? any speculation?

Well, 400' of 16mm neg is about 7 times the price of a cart nowadays, so about $280?

BTW there's not such thing as Super-16 film, it's just single perf.

Edited by Mark Dunn

• Site Sponsor

Obviously as a lab we have no control over the pricing of the film stock....

I have encouraged Kodak to try to keep S8 Cartridges under $40

I think the 16mm will be less than 7X the cost of a S8 cartridge or at least I hope so!!

• Premium Member

Great news! So Cinelab is basically a one-stop-shop now for any kind of motion picture film processing, correct? Nice to be able to send everything to one place.

Regular 8, Super 8, 16, 35, color reversal, B&W reversal, color negative...Double X B&W negative as well?

• Site Sponsor

Great news! So Cinelab is basically a one-stop-shop now for any kind of motion picture film processing, correct? Nice to be able to send everything to one place.

Regular 8, Super 8, 16, 35, color reversal, B&W reversal, color negative...Double X B&W negative as well?

Yes everything but 65/70mm ;-) for now....

We have five film processors and they run as follows:

8mm /16mm B&W Reversal (Tri-X Foma, Orwo as Reversal etc.)

8mm / 16mm /35mm E6 Ektachrome and ECP

8mm/16mm ECN2

16mm/35mm ECN2 (Photomec)

8mm/16mm/35mm B&W Negative and B&W Print