FS: Beaulieu 6008 Pro Super 8 MAX-8 C-mount lens camera

Samuel Berger

Okay it's time to put myself out there and advertise some of my cameras. I'm reluctant to sell this because it's such a fun camera, but if I don't start selling my stuff, I'll never get it done. All my cameras are special to me.

I've asked my sister to sell this on her eBay store since she has the feedback and I never sell anything myself. So payment is through PayPal only.

post-10433-0-37402500-1550790862_thumb.jpg

There are more photos on the eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223413176176

Excellent Super 8 camera!

Fully rebuilt and serviced by Björn (April 2017) and since tested. Quarz Sync Sound module included and installed. Gate has been widened to shoot "Max 8" (1.55:1).

Original ground glass has been replaced with one that covers full viewfinder (custom--but has some slight softness on the left of the viewer. Does not affect image).

Runs quiet--it was used by actor/director Will Von Tagen to shoot a project that also required sound and it was clear of the mic. Battery grip has also been replaced. Possibly one of the best rebuilds you will find.

Priced low because the Schneider 6-66mm Zoom lens will require some cleaning. This zoom is not in pristine condition! It has no scratches but it is not clean inside. Didn't bother me but needs to be mentioned as no returns are accepted for this item.

*Note: The previous owner had the barrel mount modified to accept modern C-Mount glass (Veydra Cine).

The OEM Lens will no longer work on the camera. All automatic lens functions will not work.

Light meter still reads true. A pdf of the manual can be emailed to the buyer.

$400 USD

Edited by Samuel Berger

How much was all that work from Bjorn?

Actually I have no idea! Probably way more than we got the camera for. We bought it from the director of AFTER WALPURGIS NIGHT and he shot an impressive opening sequence with it. But I don't think we ever discussed how much he sunk into it, even though he did bring up the camera often in the FB Super 8 group.

The guy who bought it from us got it at a bargain.