Girls of Instagram video

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Here is a little movie I made on the 'Girls of Instagram.' Really, it should be called the 'Thick Girls of Instagram.' (That is what the kids call the chubb dubs...THICK.)

At night I will watch a little TV to relax and fire up my tablet to see what the fat girls of IG are doing. Good relaxation for the ADD mind. I wrote to a few of the girls to make some respectful suggestions to improve their photography and thanked them for their photos. The few ranting replies I got from them were terrible. Jesus, what nasty dispositions the girls have nowadays...just despicable. You would think they are man-hating lesbian separatists. So I gave up giving any advice. (BTW, if you want to improve your candid photography shoot your TV screen while watching TV. Great practice for timing and for learning to 'be at one' with your cam.)

Last night I gave the IG thicks a look while watching TV and thought, some of these girls should be archived. So I took out a little Sony P&S and made a video of my tablet. A trend with some of the girls nowadays is to get injections in their butt to give it a 'shelf' look.

Kinda adult content...but you can't get too adult with IG

...funny, with all this #METOO stuff, the girls require lots of attention. Some of the IG girls look to have lives that revolve around taking selfies and seeing how many likes they can get for their big butts.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• 1 year later...

I just happened on this old post by chance from a search on a different topic. This little video I originally posted about was the start of a big project called Offshoots...a social documentary study of Instagram. But I had no idea of the direction I was going in. Things just started to come together after a while.

Offshoots turned out to be a 6.25 hour film. But nobody wanted it as to the length. So I cut it down into their respective subject categories and had a little more success with placing bits and pieces of it. I think there were 60 or 70 smaller derivations and prelims from the full film. (I do have a 'artsy' sped up 10X version of the complete film at the link if you want to get a handle on the entire scope of the project.)

Here are a few of the derivations from the 6.25 hour complete film. 

Internet Archive Search: offshoots teoli

'Girls of Instagram'
'Look at #metoo' (aka'Look at Hashtag metoo' on the Internet Archive)
'Look at #metoo' (Short Version)
'Stretch Marks'
'Stretch Marks' (Short Version)
'Acne'
'Acne' (Short Version)
'Jew Majesty'
'Pregnant Girls of Instagram'
'Fat Ass'
'#Queer' (aka 'Hashtag Queer' on the Internet Archive)
'Chubblebath'
'Mandy Blanco Dream Girl' (Prelim)
'Mandy Blanco Dream Girl'
'Transition' (MTF)
'Transmen' (FTM)
'Transmen' (Short Version)
'Colored Hair'
'Fingernails'
'Tongue Fetish'
'Split Tongue'
'Split Tongue' (Short Version)
'Scarification'
'Scarification' (Short Vesrion)
'Drag Queens'
'Twerking'
'Tattooed Lesbians'
'Justin Day'
'Hairy Women'
'Transvestites, Crossdressers & Femboys'
'Transvestites, Crossdressers & Femboys' (Short Version)
'Afra'
'Afra'(Short Vesrion)
'Growing Horns'
'Growing Horns' (Short Version)

I got bored with Instagram, so eventually moved on. But I enjoyed the project while I was doing it. I get roped into a lot of projects like that. If something hits me the right way, I am off. It comes under the auspices of the late photographer Garry Winogrand who said...The more I do...the more I do. Or as I say...one thing leads to another.

And that was how the title Offshoots came about. The film sprouted from these simple first videos I made out of boredom while watching TV at night and that lead to all the rest. 

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.