Movie cam sl

dio zafi

• Premium Member

The standard SL is Arri 2 pin power.

Unless retro-fitted the Moviecam SL power socket was actually 4 pin XLR, as detailed in this thread:

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=65058

There's even a diagram from the manual of the connector wiring.

Hopefully the camera has a power cable with the right connectors.

But the OP was asking about the battery, which was usually 24V 3 pin XLR. Often easier to get a cheap battery (with different chemistry it could be a little higher than 24V) and solder on a 3 pin XLR socket. Pin 1 neg, pin 2 pos.

• Premium Member

Unless retro-fitted the Moviecam SL power socket was actually 4 pin XLR, as detailed in this thread:

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=65058

There's even a diagram from the manual of the connector wiring.

Hopefully the camera has a power cable with the right connectors.

But the OP was asking about the battery, which was usually 24V 3 pin XLR. Often easier to get a cheap battery (with different chemistry it could be a little higher than 24V) and solder on a 3 pin XLR socket. Pin 1 neg, pin 2 pos.

Yea all the one's I've ever seen or used were all standard Arri 2 pin. I think different rental houses could have them configured differently. Even the Moviecam Super America and Compact/Compact II that I shot with a lot, they were all 2 pin power. I remember vividly because my "tester" power supply was from an Arricam.

I always wondered why they didn't use 3 pin or 4 pin XLR connectors like everyone else. Then I shot with a Moviecam SLMKII and BAM it had 4 pin power! I was stunned!