Lighting a school hallway

Hello! I am shooting a short in a Hugh school and we have a few day time scenes taking place in the same hallway. It is a student production so I am having to work around the budget. Essentially I need to light a roughly 30 foot stretch of hallway for two characters to walk down, we will be shooting this by using parallel staging on a doorway dolly. The hallway is light primarily  with standard fluorescents (2x4) recessed into a drop down ceiling. I wanted to put quasars in the corner but we do not have the budget for that. I am considering buying High CRI tunes on the cheap to replace the bulbs with but the janitor said the bulbs need to be 277v. Can anyone provide links to some good quality bulbs or suggest setups for a situation like this? At our disposal for fixtures we have 2 kinflo diva lites, 1 kinoflo 4 bank, 1 kinoflo tegra and can get some dracast 1000 panels. What are people’s thoughts on a way to execute this? Photos of the hallway are attached below. 

E412BF14-7ACD-4D81-8512-848DE80B6A5F.jpeg

1208C815-BD3E-493F-8B91-C2EA9B93466D.jpeg

837B405A-BDE2-44FB-A2D8-EEC54CAF7A6C.jpeg

2x4 foot  flouro drop-in, lay-in, troffers, in a 30+ foot dolly move, you'll have 4 fixtures to re-lamp.  16 Kino tubes, possibly rent them.  177VAC is the ballast voltage, not the lamp voltage.  Store bought tubes or Kinos in those fixtures won't be a problem.

• Like 1

Thank you JD this is very helpful. The plan I’m thinking now is to replace the whole hallway with kinos and skirt the side the hits the wall with duvetine to reduce spill. I’m open to further suggestions from others on the possibilities of this setup and further ways to enhance it. For general info we are shooting with the Scarlett-W and CP2’s with 1/4 and 1/8 black pro mist. JD if you were able to estimate the output in T-stops that you think this would give me that would also be very helpful ? hoping to shoot at a T4-5.6

5 hours ago, JD Hartman said:

2x4 foot  flouro drop-in, lay-in, troffers, in a 30+ foot dolly move, you'll have 4 fixtures to re-lamp.  16 Kino tubes, possibly rent them.  177VAC is the ballast voltage, not the lamp voltage.  Store bought tubes or Kinos in those fixtures won't be a problem.